Understanding the Messaging API¶
The Messaging API enables you to let properties communicate with their guests.
What is possible with the Messaging API?¶
The Messaging API enables you to do the following:
- Retrieve messages and conversations in multiple ways.
- Send (and reply to) text messages.
- Upload, download, and send attachments.
- Tag conversations as no reply needed.
- Tag messages as read.
- Querying and retrieving historical messages and conversations.
Special and structured requests not yet possible
Currently the Messaging API does not support special or structured requests. This means that when a guest sends a special request after a reservation this does not show up in the Messaging API.
Main URL and use of shortened endpoint paths¶
The Messaging API's main URL is
https://supply-xml.booking.com/messaging. All shortened endpoint paths imply that you must add the main URL. For example:
https://supply-xml.booking.com/messaging/messages in an actual request.
The Messaging API uses the same authentication methods as other APIs.