The Promotions API enables you to create and manage promotions. Promotions help properties offer discounted prices, with the discounts specified as a percentage of the parent rate.
Use the Promotions API to:
- Create a promotion.
- Update an existing promotion to change the promotion validity dates.
- Activate/deactivate a promotion.
- View promotion details.
Promotions in the extranet appear under the Promotions tab.
Promotions API endpoints¶
Use the following two Promotions endpoints:
- /promotions endpoint - Create, update, activate, and deactivate promotions
- /getpromotions endpoint - Retrieve existing promotions details
Getting started with the Promotions API¶
To access the Promotions API, you need the appropriate machine account permissions. Contact email@example.com to request them.
These resources will also enable you get started:
- Our Handbook for Providers and Channel Managers explains how the Promotions API benefits both connectivity partners and properties. It also gives non-technical background information about promotions.
- Our UI Handbook for Providers contains screenshots that will help you design the user interface for your Promotions API integration.
- The FAQ page answers common questions around integration and troubleshooting.
Before you go live with your Promotions API integration, we recommend contacting your account manager. They will help you promote your integration to connected properties.